Although we may not realize it, maintaining a public water supply requires constant maintenance and consistent responsibilites for the certified operator handline the water supply and the one responsible for the supply.
Whether it be a municiapl building, daycare, school or restaurant as an example, a certified operators duties and responsibilites becomea long laundry list.
The CT Department Of Health reports the duties and responsibilites of the Certified Operator including the following
- maintenance program and a source protection program
- collect or oversee the collection of water samples as specified by the Department of Public Health (DPH)
- ensure the delivery of safe water at all times by complying with the Public Health Code (PHC) of the State of CT
- review all water quality analyses for completeness prior to submission to DPH
- report all violations to DPH and issue public notices when needed
- oversee and monitor all repairs performed on the public water system
For more information on the Certified Operator Program, contact Aqua Pump at (860) 684-5349.